ManageGo’s tenant categories are a versatile tool that can remove the hassle from processes like managing your amenities, mass-emailing your tenants, and sharing documents. Here’s how to get started with them:
How to create tenant categories
If you’d like to use categories to sort your tenants, the first thing you’ll have to do is create your categories. Here’s how to do that:
- In the left-side menu, click on Settings.
- Click on the Categories tab.
- In the Tenant categories section, click on the Add new button.
- Enter a name for your new category and click Create.
As you can see, creating a category is simple. The next step is to make sure your tenants are assigned to the appropriate categories. Here’s how to do that:
How to assign categories to tenants
- In the left-side menu, click on Tenants.
- Click on the checkboxes next to the tenants you’d like to assign to a category.
- Click the Apply category button near the top of the page.
- Choose the category these tenants should be assigned to.
- Click Apply.
Now that you’ve created a category and assigned tenants to it, there are a few ways that you can put it to use. One way is by making it so that your amenities can only be booked by tenants in a certain category. For example, you could create a category for tenants who have paid an amenity fee, then make it so that the amenities can only be booked by tenants in that category. Here’s how to do that:
How to limit amenities by tenant category
- In the left-side menu, click on Concierge.
- Click on the amenity you’d like to limit by category.
- In the Settings section of the Amenity page, turn on the Only tenants in any of these categories setting. It’s located on the far right side.
- Use the dropdown box to select the category or categories of tenant that should be able to book this amenity.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the page.
You can also use ManageGo’s Mailer function to send emails to tenants in a certain category. Here’s how to do that:
How to send emails to tenants by category
- In the left-side menu, click on Mailer.
- Select a mailer template or type an email to send. Click here for a refresher on how to do that.
- When you click the Select / view recipients button, select Tenants in any of these categories:, and use the dropdown box to choose a category or categories to send your email to.
- Click Save, then Continue, and finish sending your email.
It’s very easy to set up categories, and with some great uses for them, this is a feature that could really simplify things for you. It’s a fun new tool, and we’re excited to help you start making it work for you.
Did you find this post helpful?
Rate this article by selecting 1-5 stars
We are sorry that this article was not helpful 🙁
Thanks for your feedback!