There are many reasons a property management company might need to apply a fee to one of its tenants. Whatever the reason, ManageGo can help you make sure the appropriate fees are assigned to the right tenants. Here’s how to get started.
How to add tenant fees
Tenant fees are one-time fees applied to individual tenants. Tenants who are assessed one of these fees will be prompted to pay it the next time they submit a payment manually. Once they pay the fee, they will not be asked to pay it again unless it is applied again. To create one of these fees:
- Click on the Settings tab in the left-side menu.
- Click on the Fees tab at the top of the Settings page.
- In the Fees section, click the Add New button.
- Enter a fee type (a name), a short description, and an amount.
- Click the Create button.
How to apply fees to tenants
Now that you’ve added a fee, it’s in the system and ready to be applied to a tenant. To apply a fee to a tenant:
- Click the Tenants tab in the left-side menu.
- Find and click on the tenant you’d like to apply a fee to. To make it easier, you can filter tenants by using the Building and Unit dropdowns in the top left of the page, or use the search bar in the top right.
- Scroll down to the Fees section and click the Add fee button.
- Use the Select fee dropdown to choose the fee you’d like to apply.
- Click the Apply button.
It’s that easy! Your tenant will be prompted to pay the fee the next time they make a payment.
It’s important to note, however, that while the system will prompt the tenant to pay the fee, it will not require them to do so. It’s important to communicate with your tenants about the importance of paying any required fees.
How to add building fees
Building fees work a little differently from tenant fees. Instead of being applied to one tenant, these are applied to all of a building’s tenants. Also, instead of being a one-time fee, these are recurring, so tenants will be prompted to pay these fees every time they make payments. To add a new building fee:
- Click on the Settings tab in the left-side menu
- Click on the Fees tab at the top of the Settings page
- In the Building Fees section, click the Add New button
- Enter a fee name and amount
- Click the Create button
How to apply building fees
The process for applying building fees is very different from the process for applying tenant fees. However, it’s still fairly simple, allowing you to apply fees in just a few clicks. To apply a building fee:
- Click the Settings tab in the left-side menu.
- Click the Fees tab at the top of the Settings page.
- In the Building fees section, click on the fee you’d like to apply.
- In the small box that pops up, click Specify fees per building (in orange, under the fee amount).
- A new box will pop up listing your buildings. In this list, buildings listed as Inactive do not have the fee applied to them; buildings listed as Active do have the fee applied to them.
- To apply the fee to one building, click the word Inactive, use the checkboxes that pop up to set the building to Active, then click the Save button.
- To apply the fee to several buildings at once, use the checkboxes to the left of the building name, click the Change status button at the top of the box, set the checkbox that pops up to Active, then click the Save button.
- To apply the fee to all of your buildings, click the checkbox above the list of buildings to check off all of your buildings, then click the Change status button, set the checkbox that pops up to Active, then click the Save button.
Did you find this post helpful?
Rate this article by selecting 1-5 stars
We are sorry that this article was not helpful 🙁
Thanks for your feedback!