Work orders allow you to create a printable document summarizing summarizing a maintenance ticket. They have space for written comments and for a tenant’s signature, so they’re great to take along to a tenant’s unit when performing the work to make sure you have written documentation that the work was completed. Here’s how to create your own:
How to create a work order
To create a work order in a maintenance ticket:
- Click the Maintenance tab in the left-side menu.
- Click on the ticket you’d like to create a work order for.
- At the top of the Reply box, click the Work Order button.
- Enter a summary (title) and details for the work order. By default, the summary will be the ticket subject and the details will be the initial ticket comment, but you can change this if you’d like.
- Choose who to send the work order to. You can use the checkboxes to email it to other users and/or to external contacts. You can also manually type additional email addresses to send it to.
- Click Create work order.
Once you’ve created it, your work order will be sent to everyone you checked off or entered. It will also appear in your ticket, where you can easily download and print it whenever you’d like.
Did you find this post helpful?
Rate this article by selecting 1-5 stars
We are sorry that this article was not helpful 🙁
Thanks for your feedback!