If you have routine maintenance work that needs to be performed at regular intervals, recurring tickets can be a great way to make sure you stay on top of the work. This feature will automatically create a new maintenance ticket at regular intervals chosen by you, allowing all of your maintenance work to easily be tracked and logged in ManageGo without having to create a new ticket every time. Here’s how to get started:
How to create a recurring ticket
To create a recurring ticket:
- Click on the Maintenance tab in the left-side menu
- Click on the Create ticket button in the top right corner
- As with any maintenance ticket, choose a building, category, and any other information you’d like to set, and enter a subject and text.
- Click on the Repeat the ticket button just under and to the right of the Checklist section.
- Select whether you’d like this ticket to repeat in intervals based on weeks, months, or years (annually), as well as how often you’d like the ticket to repeat.
- Provide additional scheduling information as follows:
- For weekly tickets, choose which day of the week you’d like the ticket to repeat on. Select more than one day to get more than one ticket per week.
- For monthly tickets, choose which day of the month the ticket should repeat on.
- For annual tickets, choose which date the ticket should repeat on.
- For weekly and monthly tickets, you’ll have the option of limiting the repeating ticket to certain times of the year by turning on the Repeat only in these months slider. If that’s on, you can select two months, and the ticket will repeat only between those months, inclusive.
- For all repeating tickets, we recommend that you turn on the Repeat until slider and set an end date after which the ticket will not repeat anymore.
- If you’d like, before creating the recurring ticket, you can click on See schedule to check the dates on which your ticket will repeat.
- Click the Set schedule button to create your recurring ticket.
- Click the Create ticket button at the bottom of the page.
How to edit a recurring ticket
You may run into a situation where you’d like to edit a recurring ticket after it’s already been created. For example, you may want to make a change to the ticket’s subject line, or change a ticket that occurred every two weeks to occur every week instead. To edit a recurring ticket:
- Click on the Maintenance tab in the left-side menu.
- Click on the small arrow just to the right of the Create ticket button in the top right corner.
- Click on Manage tickets.
- Here, you’ll see a list of your recurring and scheduled tickets. Click on the one you’d like to edit.
- Change anything about the ticket that you’d like. To change the schedule, click on the Repeat this ticket button just under and to the right of the Checklist section. Once you’re done making changes to the schedule, click the Set schedule button.
- Click on the Update ticket button at the bottom of the screen.
You should note that if you edit a recurring ticket this way, it won’t change any of the tickets that have already been posted. Instead, it will only change future editions of this ticket. This way, your records will stay clean and clear, with no worries about what might have been edited when.
Did you find this post helpful?
Rate this article by selecting 1-5 stars
We are sorry that this article was not helpful 🙁
Thanks for your feedback!