If you often find yourself needing or wanting to tell tenants the same things when you’re closing their maintenance tickets, a template might be for you. You’ll be able to post one last comment informing the tenant of the situation right as you close the ticket. Here’s how to get started using this feature yourself:
How to add a template for closing tickets
First, you’ll need to create a template comment to use. To add the template:
- Click on the Settings tab in the left-side menu.
- Click on the Email Templates tab at the top of the Settings page.
- In the Closing tickets section, click the Add New button.
- Enter a name for the template. The tenant won’t see this, it’s just to help you keep track of your templates.
- Type the comment itself.
- Click the Create button.
How to add a closing reply when closing a ticket
Now that you’ve created the template, you’re ready to use it when closing a ticket. To close your ticket with a template comment:
- Click on the Maintenance tab in the left-side menu.
- Click on the ticket you’d like to close.
- Click the Close Ticket dropdown on the right side of the screen.
- Click Close & send email
- Choose your template by clicking on it. The comment will appear in the text box beneath the list of available templates. Changing the text in that box will change the comment for only this ticket – it won’t change your template.
- Click the Send email and close ticket button.
That’s it! Your comment will be posted and your ticket will be closed. The tenant will also receive an email showing them your closing comment, so you won’t need to worry about leaving them in the dark.
Did you find this post helpful?
Rate this article by selecting 1-5 stars
We are sorry that this article was not helpful 🙁
Thanks for your feedback!