If you’ve recently added a new amenity to your building — or if you’ve had one for a while but are just now opening it for online bookings — adding it to ManageGo is a great idea. We can help you manage bookings, fees, and security deposits, making the whole process easier than ever. Here’s how to get started:
How to add an amenity
To add an amenity:
- Click on Concierge in the left-side menu.
- Click the Add New button near the top of the Amenities page.
- Add the amenity’s name and select which buildings have that amenity.
- Set up a shared calendar if more than one of your buildings shares this amenity.
- Choose an icon for this amenity.
- Customize the amenity settings:
- If you’d like to limit how far in advance this amenity can be booked, set the Can be booked in advance, as early as: switch to On and use the dropdowns to set a length of time. Use the left box to choose a number, then use the right box to select a time period. For example, if you don’t want anyone to book the amenity more than 4 weeks in advance, use the left box to select 4 and the right box to select Week(s).
- If you’d like to limit how close to the booking date someone can book the amenity, set the Can be booked as late as: switch to On and use the dropdowns to set a length of time. Use the left box to choose a number, then use the right box to select a time period. For example, if you don’t want anyone to book the amenity on less than 2 days’ notice, use the left box to select 2 and the right box to select Day(s).
- If you’d like to limit the minimum length of time that a booking can last, set the Min booking length: switch to on and use the dropdowns to choose a number of hours. Note that this only applies if the Booking type is set to Flexible bookings.
- If you’d like to limit the maximum length of time that a booking can last, set the Max booking length: switch to on and use the dropdowns to choose a number of hours. Note that this only applies if the Booking type is set to Flexible bookings.
- If you’d like to charge the tenant for the booking, set the Booking fee: switch to on and use the boxes to set the price. Enter a price in the left box, then use the dropdown on the right to specify whether that price is the price per hour or the total price for the booking, regardless of the booking length.
- If you’d like to collect a security deposit for the booking, set the Security deposit switch to on and enter the deposit amount you’ll require.
- Set the booking type to either Flexible bookings (allowing tenants to choose the start and end time of their reservation themselves) or Fixed time slots (where can only choose from a list of available time slots provided by you).
- Check the Requires approval box if you’d like to manually approve amenity bookings. If it’s not checked, tenants will be able to make bookings without management approval.
- If you’d like to restrict access to the amenity to only tenants in certain categories, set the Tenants in any of these categories: switch to on and use the dropdown to choose the category of tenants who should be able to book the amenity.
- To limit the number of people who can book the amenity at once, set the Max registrations at the same time: slider to on, then enter a number in the box.
- To limit the number of times one tenant can book the amenity in a certain time period, set the Limit bookings to: slider to on, then use the dropdowns to specify your settings. For example, if you want a tenant to be able to book no more than 3 times per week, choose Tenants, 3, and Per week, respectively, in the dropdowns.
- If you’d like to allow your tenants to bring guests to their bookings, set the Allow guests: slider to on. You can use the checkboxes to customize guest settings.
- If you’re using Flexible bookings but there are some days or times when tenants shouldn’t be able to book the amenity, set the Available days: slider to on and choose the times when the amenity should be available for bookings.
- Add terms and rules for the amenity, if you’d like. Guests will see these when scheduling a booking.
- Click Save.
With that, you’ve added your amenity to ManageGo. Make sure to set its slider to on if you’re ready for tenants to start making reservations. If you’d like to change any of the amenity’s settings, just click on its name.
How to set up different amenity settings for different buildings
The above steps will allow you to set up the same amenity settings for each of your buildings that has that amenity. However, it may be that you need to have different amenity settings for some of your buildings. To set up different settings for some of your buildings:
- Click on Concierge in the left-side menu.
- Click on the amenity that should have different settings for a certain building.
- At the bottom of the page, in the Settings per building section, click on the building that you would like to have different settings.
- Click on Set custom settings.
- Adjust the settings for this building the same way as you did above.
- Click the Save button.
Note that any buildings that don’t have custom settings will use the general settings for the amenity as a default. Also, if you set up custom settings for one building but later decide that you’d like to get rid of them, you can do that by clicking on the building, then clicking on Reset to default settings.
Did you find this post helpful?
Rate this article by selecting 1-5 stars
We are sorry that this article was not helpful 🙁
Thanks for your feedback!