Back in the day, resident benefits packages were offered to those who lived in luxury properties. Fast forward to today, and now all types of rental properties offer benefits packages because it’s become a part of the resident experience. They can cover just about everything! Think about how amazing your residents would feel with benefit options like air and water filter delivery, 24-hour concierge services, and emergency repairs.
In today’s blog post, we’ll go into detail about why offering a resident benefits package is a fantastic idea, the different benefits you can include, and how to initiate one for your residents.
Why Should I Offer a Resident Benefits Package?
Obviously, a resident benefits package is a huge victory for your residents. But have you thought about how you could take advantage of it too?
The 3 Benefits for Property Managers:
With a resident benefits package, you will have the opportunity to gain more revenue! Yes, you can make more money by charging fees that reflect the value of certain service. As a property manager, how could you not love that?
Reduced Workload & Staff
There are some resident benefits like online resident portals, digital maintenance requests, and a streamlined communication system that can relieve part of your staff’s workload. They’ll spend less time diving through emails or answering phone calls, and so much more. Additionally, now you can better manage your team’s time!
Increased Resident Retention
Your benefits package can provide residents with anything. Offering valuable services and simple conveniences to enhance their living experience will make them more likely to stay. What kind of services and conveniences, you might ask? Keep reading and you’ll find the answers to all your questions.
What Should I Include in My Resident Benefits Package?
You can be creative with your resident benefits package as long as you keep what residents consider valuable in mind and don’t exceed the limits of your property. That said, there are a few key elements you might want to consider including.
Common Benefits Included in Packages
Here are some of the most common benefits property managers include in their packages:
- HVAC Filter Delivery and Installation: Sign up for a service that delivers HVAC filters frequently and or/changes out filters for residents.
- Refrigerator Filter Delivery: There are services that auto-deliver filters for refrigerator water systems just like HVAC.
- Virtual Concierge: A virtual concierge can offer a variety of services to residents, like simplifying amenity reservations, deliveries and packages, key management, guest key access, and more. If you’re in need of a concierge solution or looking for a new one, look no further than ManageGo. By including ManageGo’s game-changing Concierge solution in their benefits package, residents will totally experience the luxuries of living at your property.
- Resident Portal: Give your residents a simple and easy-to-use platform for all their needs, like making rent payments, submitting maintenance requests, accessing community information, and engaging with each other. You might be wondering which resident portal would be best to include in their package. Check out the ManageGo Tenant App and you’ll see exactly why it’s the best.
- Renters Insurance: The benefits of renters insurance are endless, so imagine how thrilled your residents would be to see it in their package. It literally keeps their stuff safe! Additionally, you can give them the most loved renters insurance company in America, Lemonade.
How to Implement a Resident Benefits Package
Whether you’re starting fresh with a new package or adding features to a previous one, communication is key. Current residents should be updated on the process accordingly, and for new residents, make sure to clearly explain the services being offered to them.