The early part of a new year is a perfect time to assess your direction and goals in many areas, and your amenity spaces are no different. Residents are always looking for the next big thing in amenities, and you don’t want to fall behind. Take this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve by taking a look at five trends that we think could be worth keeping an eye on in 2022.
1. Community events – It probably goes without saying that the pandemic has caused, and continues to cause, major disruptions to everyone’s lives. As the situation continues to evolve, your residents will definitely be eager for the opportunity to have some fun and be social with their neighbors. If it’s safe for you to do this with in-person events, that’s perfect! If not, many fun events can still be held virtually. Try to think of some cool events that your residents might like, and if you’re stuck, check out ours here!
2. Gym care – The new year means that many people will be hitting the gym every day. Will it last all year? Probably not, but this is still a good opportunity for you. Use the higher volume of gym-goers as a kind of stress test for your exercise spaces. If you’re able to keep your gym safe, clean, and effective throughout this busy period, you should have no problem doing so once things slow down again.
3. Package management – Online shopping definitely isn’t a new trend for 2022, but there’s also no reason to think it will slow down this year. In fact, it’s likely that the number of packages your residents receive will only continue to increase. It’s a lot to handle! That makes it more important than ever to have a system like ManageGo in place to lighten the workload by helping you do things like notify residents, identify packages, and streamline pickups. For tips on how to keep up with this uptick in packages, read on our recent blog post.
4. Common workspaces – We may not know the details of how the trend toward remote work will change, but it’s clear that more people work from home now than a few years ago. Working from home can offer a lot of benefits, but it’s also easy to feel trapped or stuck in one place all day. If you can make sure that some of your common areas are places where residents feel comfortable coming to get out of their apartment while still getting some work done, it will definitely be appreciated.
5. Online communication – For many people, it’s more important than ever to have good communication with their neighbors, but that doesn’t make it easy. An online space to talk can help a lot. Providing a platform like ManageGo’s Engage where residents can stay in touch, share recommendations, and buy and sell items can go a long way toward building a sense of community in your properties.
No matter your business goals, ManageGo has your back. To discover just how our software solutions can benefit you and your unique property management needs, request a demo today. Or, connect directly with one of our experts and get started on your journey to better property management.
Want even more? Get your fix and follow our socials for all the latest property management tips, tricks, & trends!